Google

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Cra-Z D8s 7 (Funny Date Story)

I was 16 when I was granted permission to go on my first non-group and non-chaperoned date. The boy picked me up from my house where he was invited in to meet my mom. My mom was watching TV but said hello to the boy and offered him a seat before she “pretended” to go back to watching the TV. My date sat on the very edge of the sofa with his hands folded on his knees.

I could tell he was quite nervous and anyone with a cop as a parent would know why. He would watch my mom and then the TV. She would watch the TV when he was watching her and watch him while he was watching the TV.

He finally broke the ice and asked politely, “Mrs. ---, do you have any questions you would like to ask me?” She looked at him, acted like she was trying to think of a question, and then shrugged as she said, “Not that I can think of.” Then she just as casually went back to watching the TV.

My date relaxed, slid back on the sofa, placed his arm across the back of it and watched TV with a very relieved and “made in the shade” type attitude. When he looked as if he had been worrying over nothing, my mom asked, “Ah, my daughter did tell you what I do for a living, right?”

As this question registered to my date, he jumped back to the edge of the sofa, refolded his hands above his knees, and stuttered, “Ah, yes, yes, ma’am, she did.” My mom gave this sly smile to him and said, “As long as we understand each other.”

As we were backing down the drive, my date said, “It must have been rough having two cops as parents; bet you couldn’t get away with a thing.” I said, “True. Just feel lucky they are divorced and it wasn’t my father you had to meet first. He always talked about cleaning his shotgun while meeting my dates for the first time.” He visually shivered as we laughed.


Click On One Of The Links Below For More Fun Reads

Cra-Z D8s 1 (Funny Date Story)

Cra-Z D8s 2 (Funny Date Story)

Cra-Z D8s 3 (Funny Date Story)

Cra-Z D8s 4 (Funny Date Story)

Cra-Z D8s 5 (Funny Date Story)

Cra-Z D8s 6 (Funny Date Story)

Cra-Z D8s 7 (Funny Date Story)

Cra-Z D8s 8 (Funny Date Story)

Cra-Z D8s 9 (Funny Date Story)

Cra-Z D8s 10 (Funny Date Story)

Independence Day - 4th of July

please, explain god to me

Reflections In The Fog



PLEASE SIGN MY GUESTBOOK.
Click on 'add me' and just follow the instructions. Thank You.


.

In the singles world, we all go on dates, some of which are so funny that the retelling of them makes the world laugh. Check out some of the funny stories others have experienced. Be sure to spread the laughter by sharing some of your own stories. Scroll down to find a comment section so that you can let the people who submitted the stories know how much you enjoyed reading about their funny dates. Report your crazy date by e-mail to: Cra_Z_D8s@yahoo.com

Most important thing: have a fun, laugh-filled life. Don't let people rattle your cage. Be safe: Treat flattery like bubblegum: chew it; enjoy it; spit it out - don't swallow it. Educate with humor. Laugh while learning. There is no better humor than the facts of life. Laughter serves as a psychological healing balm rubbed upon our emotional wounds. - Bree


(All submissions become the sole property of Cra-Z D8s. Copyrighted material; write for permission to reprint.)

1 comment:

crazycat said...

hey what can i say, parents like to make dates squirm ha ha.